Wednesday 22 June 2016

30 Days Going Wild - Day 22

June 22nd
A day in the garden today - the weather was absolutely glorious. Our hedge was sadly in need of a trim and as it is about 30 feet long this is quite a job! Several hours later and it is looking much smarter and we are left with about 14 bags of cuttings!
After the glut of lettuce that I made into Lettuce Soup a couple of days ago, it was an excess of strawberries today!
 
 
I had been told that gooseberries are good to use when making strawberry jam, as they help it to set and take away some of the excess sweetness that strawberry jam sometimes has. As I had some in the freezer from last year I decided to give it a try. The result is 5 jars of yummy-looking jam.
 
 
Can't wait to eat it on my toast for breakfast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment